Etiquette & Rules
We look forward to your visit to Simi Hills Golf Course. Please assist us in delivering an exceptional experience to all golfers by abiding by the following club rules and etiquette.
Planning Your Golf Outing
- If you find that your group is unable to keep a tee time, please cancel by calling the golf shop (805) 522-0803 as much in advance as possible.
- All players should have their own golf clubs and wear appropriate non-metal spike shoes. Jeans of any type or color, including shorts, are acceptable. Male golfers should wear shirts with sleeves (no plain white t-shirts, please). Women may wear shirts with either sleeves or a collar or both. All attire should be in good repair.
- Groups with less than four players may be paired by golf shop staff. Reservations for fivesomes are permitted after 9:00 AM with the requirement that all players ride to minimize impact on pace of play. We do not create fivesomes by pairing groups together.
- Walking is permitted at any time provided the player maintains the expected pace of play.
- All alcoholic beverages consumed on golf course property must be purchased from the club.
- All players should register with the golf shop at least fifteen minutes prior to their assigned starting time.
- All players should check for, and abide by, cart path restrictions and/or other special restrictions when registering to play.
- Children under the age of 7 are not allowed on the golf course, and children under the age of 5 are not allowed on the driving range at any time.
Etiquette on the Course
- Under ideal conditions the acceptable pace of play is four hours (4:00) to complete eighteen holes and two hours (2:00) to complete nine holes. Regardless of course conditions, the pace of play should not exceed four hours and thirty minutes (4:30) to complete eighteen holes and two hours fifteen minutes (2:15) to complete nine holes.
- Players who find themselves with one clear hole between themselves and the players that started immediately ahead of them should make every effort to speed up and close the gap.
- Players should not practice their game on the golf course (i.e. fairways, greens, traps, bunkers, or hazards). Designated practice areas are for this purpose.
- All players should be ready to make their shots when it is their turn to play.
- All players should be certain that the group ahead is out of range or clear of the green before playing any shot.
- If players create divots on the fairway, they should fill them with sand from the container on the golf cart.
- Players should rake or otherwise smooth out all footprints and divots they make in any sand traps. Place trap rakes three to four feet out in the trap, well away from the edges of the trap and parallel to the line of play.
- For the sake of courtesy to the following group and in an effort to speed up play, players should park their golf carts on the cart path beyond the green being played, en route to the next tee.
- All players are responsible for repairing any ball marks made by them on the putting greens. It is also courteous to repair any other ball marks that are found during the course of play.
- When players have finished a hole, they should promptly return the flag stick to the hole and clear the green. Scoring for the just-completed hole should be done at the next tee while others in the group are playing their tee shots.
- Players must limit stops for refreshments to no more than 5 minutes. Players stopping for lunch may continue their round only with approval from the golf shop.
- Please do not leave trash on the course, including cigar and cigarette butts.
Golf Cart Rules
- Only licensed drivers age 18 and over are allowed to operate carts.
- Golf cart operators and riders use the carts at their own risk.
- No more than two people and two golf bags may occupy or be carried in or on a single golf cart at any one time.
- It is the responsibility of the driver to operate the cart in a manner that does not cause damage to the cart or the course.
- Please keep carts on path around tees and greens, and exit the fairway before reaching the green & white stakes.
- Carts are not permitted on par 3 holes at any time.
Inclement Weather and Frost Delay
- The golf course will typically be open in the case of light rain or scattered showers. In the event of heavy rain, the golf course superintendent will determine whether or not the course should be open for play and whether or not golf carts will be restricted to the paths or allowed at all. Please check with the golf shop for current information.
- In the winter when frost occurs, opening tee times may be delayed. In the case of a frost delay, all tee time reservations will be delayed in order and will be honored, in order, once the frost lifts.